We thank Another Voice for these strategies to use especially when we are beset with negativity in a polarised ecclesial environment.
(1) Truly believe and act on the belief that the Spirit speaks to and through everyone in the church, and that the hierarchy must listen to more people than just themselves.
(2) Be anchored in contemporary life not in an antiquated vision and cultural understanding of the human person that is more medieval than modern.
(3) Continue to educate yourself and insist on continuing education for everyone in the church, starting with your local bishop. Everyone needs a better understanding of Sacred Scripture, of Christian tradition, and contemporary psychological and socio-cultural understandings of the human person in all its variety and richness.
(4) Practice the way of Jesus that calls us to mutual respect for everyone in the church. At the same time, dialogue, question, and challenge perceptions and beliefs that appear to be unfounded, antiquated, or simply wrong.
(5) Understand that the old RCC status quo is finished. The church is headed down a new road; and there will be bumps along the way.
(6) Realize that being critical is also the way to be constructve.
(7) Realize that speaking the critical word is not enough. We need to be prophetc change agents, or just keep quiet and let those who have learned nothing from history take control.
Simon Bryden-Brook and Valerie Stroud attended this conference on behalf of CCC. It was excellent. We met many old friends and made new ones. Men and women were there from all parts of the world and the speakers represented this truly global dimension.
Here is a taste. We understand that more videos will be made available showing the detail of the conference.
"Vision of Faithful People" is a group in The Netherlands committed to Love in Action.
Ed Schreurs tells us "Recently we have been we have been asking those of our bishops "with ears to hear" to take a married couple to the forthcoming Synod. These couples would have the experience of having a LGBTQ or divorced and remarried son or daughter. In August/September 2015 we sent out 28 letters."
We invite you find out more about us by visiting our website
Streamed live on Jul 25, 2015
This day-long forum was an exciting and engaging event designed to inspire, educate and inform participants about the role of women in the church today, and why women are largely missing from the new tone and trends in the church.